Saskatoon woman says she was fired from Urban Planet for having allergic reaction

By The Canadian Press
June 25, 2016 - 1:57pm

A saskatoon woman says she was fired from her retail job for having an allergic reaction while at work.

Danielle Duperreault says she has several life-threatening allergies, including one to bell peppers.

She was working at an Urban Planet clothing store on Monday when she ate some seasoned nuts, not realizing they contained pepper powder.

Within minutes, her tongue began burning, her skin started itching and she realized she was going into anaphylactic shock.

She says she was at a clinic waiting for an ambulance when she got word from her manager saying she was not getting any more shifts.

A statement from the company’s head office says Urban Planet is taking the issue seriously and is looking into the matter.

Key dedication ceremony held for historic Kikinaw Lodge

Join the Discussion

We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.