Trump’s latest 100% tariffs threat ‘degradation of the free and fair trade system,’ Moe says
President Donald Trump on Saturday threatened to impose a 100 per cent tariff on goods imported from Canada if the trade deal with China goes ahead.
Trump said in a social media post that if Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney “thinks he is going to make Canada a “Drop Off Port” for China to send goods and products into the United States, he is sorely mistaken.”
Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe said in a statement that threat of 100 per cent tariffs is “further degradation of the free and fair trade system we took for granted for decades.”
He pointed out that President Trump had last week called the Canada-China agreement a “good thing,” and a deal that Canada “should be doing”.


