Grandfather suspected in Australia mass shooting
CANBERRA, Australia — A 61-year-old farmer is suspected of carrying out Australia’s worst mass shooting in 22 years, killing six family members, including four of his grandchildren, before turning the gun on himself last week, an official said Monday.
Police found Peter Miles, his 58-year-old wife, their 35-year-old daughter and her four children with fatal gunshot wounds on Friday where they lived at Forever Dreaming Farm in the village of Osmington in Western Australia state.
State Premier Mark McGowan confirmed that Peter Miles was the suspected perpetrator of the country’s worst mass shooting since a lone gunman killed 35 people in Tasmania state in 1996, prompting the nation to introduce tough gun controls.
Police had released few details of the tragedy, but had said the suspected shooter was among the dead.


