Metis taking Manitoba government to court in hydro spat after talks break down
WINNIPEG — The Manitoba Metis Federation says it is taking the province to court in a dispute over planned hydro projects.
Metis federation president David Chartrand met Tuesday with Crown Services Minister Cliff Cullen and Manitoba Hydro to discuss a deal between the federation and the Crown utility.
In March, Premier Brian Pallister quashed a $67-million deal that had been negotiated between the federation and Manitoba Hydro to help support a transmission line to Minnesota. The premier called it “persuasion money.”
The federation said at the time it would file for a judicial review to overturn the decision because, it argued, the agreement was legally binding.


