The Saskatchewan Roughriders have made some changes to the coaching staff for the 2017 season.
Head coach Chris Jones will continue to call the defence, but he will have a new linebackers coach. Merritt Bowden will take that position after Phillip Lolley took a job with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
Bowden previously worked as a quality control coach last year in Saskatchewan. He will also assist coordinator Craig Dickenson with special teams.
Kent Maugeri is also moving up from quality control to take on coaching the running backs for Craig Davoren, who will stay with the team as a defensive assistant.
Mike Scheper is moving over from the offensive side of the ball, where he coached the offensive line last year, to be a defensive assistant.
Stephen Sorrells will serve as the new offensive line coach. Sorrells was most recently an offensive graduate assistant for Southern Methodist University.
All the other coaches remain in the same position they held last year.
The full list of the Riders 2017 coaching staff:
- Chris Jones – vice president of football operations, general manager & head coach
- Craig Dickenson – special teams coordinator
- Stephen McAdoo – offensive coordinator & assistant head coach
- Jarious Jackson – pass game coordinator & quarterbacks coach
- Markus Howell – receivers coach
- Kent Maugeri – running backs coach
- Stephen Sorrells – offensive line coach
- Jason Shivers – defensive backs coach
- Ed Philion – defensive line coach
- Merritt Bowden – linebackers coach & special teams assistant
- Craig Davoren – defensive assistant
- Mike Scheper – defensive assistant
- Ty Robinson – quality control
- Cam Robinson – quality control
- Clinton Spencer – strength and conditioning coordinator
Email [email protected]
Vikings keep on rolling in week 2 win over Warman
Two games into the 2017 season and all is pretty much going according to plan for the North...
READ MORE +
2 males with 'serious injuries' after robbery and assault
Two men were taken to hospital with what police are calling "serious injuries" after a robbery and...
READ MORE +
$2 million water pumphouse for West Park moving ahead
The Town of Battleford is moving ahead with a project to build a new multi-million dollar water...
READ MORE +
Join the Discussion
We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.