The Saskatchewan Roughriders have made some changes to the coaching staff for the 2017 season.
Head coach Chris Jones will continue to call the defence, but he will have a new linebackers coach. Merritt Bowden will take that position after Phillip Lolley took a job with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
Bowden previously worked as a quality control coach last year in Saskatchewan. He will also assist coordinator Craig Dickenson with special teams.
Kent Maugeri is also moving up from quality control to take on coaching the running backs for Craig Davoren, who will stay with the team as a defensive assistant.
Mike Scheper is moving over from the offensive side of the ball, where he coached the offensive line last year, to be a defensive assistant.
Stephen Sorrells will serve as the new offensive line coach. Sorrells was most recently an offensive graduate assistant for Southern Methodist University.
All the other coaches remain in the same position they held last year.
The full list of the Riders 2017 coaching staff:
- Chris Jones – vice president of football operations, general manager & head coach
- Craig Dickenson – special teams coordinator
- Stephen McAdoo – offensive coordinator & assistant head coach
- Jarious Jackson – pass game coordinator & quarterbacks coach
- Markus Howell – receivers coach
- Kent Maugeri – running backs coach
- Stephen Sorrells – offensive line coach
- Jason Shivers – defensive backs coach
- Ed Philion – defensive line coach
- Merritt Bowden – linebackers coach & special teams assistant
- Craig Davoren – defensive assistant
- Mike Scheper – defensive assistant
- Ty Robinson – quality control
- Cam Robinson – quality control
- Clinton Spencer – strength and conditioning coordinator
Email [email protected]
Province receives over 1,500 submissions for retail pot permits
There is high interest in the province for Saskatchewan's 51 cannabis retail permits. On Friday,...
READ MORE +
Mental Health Week aims to get people talking
The Battlefords Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) and its partners are gearing up for...
READ MORE +
Arrest made after 'high risk' early-morning search warrant in Battleford
UPDATE: Police say a 64-year-old man was remanded in custody and will appear in Battlefords...
READ MORE +
Join the Discussion
We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.